Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Keep on with the Force, Don't Stop!"


I had the perfect childhood. Attentive and loving parents and grandfather, annoying brother, bedtime stories, hide-and-seek and of course... Music.
Thank you Mr. Jackson for providing the soundtrack to my wonderful childhood. Thank you for the Music that will continue to entertain, teach and comfort us. Through your Music, your message of Love and Hope will live in us and in our future generations forever.

"Keep on with the Force, don't stop!'

I'm not very good at this. I can't seem to put down in words what I'm feeling right now. So here are a few 'thoughts' I found which I thought would be nice to share.


*Taken from 1995's HIStory.
"Michael Jackson, the star, is a phenomenon. The hat, the single glove, white socks and loafers. He's mysterious. Theatrical. The consummate performer. From the way he moves, to the Neverland he's created as his home, it's as if he's an illusion.
The Michael Jackson I've had the pleasure of knowing for 13 years is without affectation, and is not an illusion. It must be hard for Michael to know how much the world wants to know him, to be like him, to consume him. He's wisely created his own world in which to preserve the most honest parts of his identity. Those are the parts we love the most.
Michael has a heightened sensitivity for the crying needs of this world. Through his 'Heal the World Foundation', he works to preserve this planet's most precious resources - children and the environment. He feels much of the same responsibility a parent feels - his children are all of our children. Michael brings so much to so many, he is one of the world's most precious resources himself.
Guided by his creative forces of passion, joy, work and genius, Michael has gone after his dreams and shared them with all of us. I can't wait to see where he chooses to take us next.
This collection of work comes from the most successful albums in music history. Michael is the single most awarded entertainer the world has ever known. As you listen to and enjoy his music, I'm sure you'll agree that we, his fans, are the ones who are most rewarded." -Steven Spielberg-

"You cannot say enough about what he has given to us musically and culturally. We take for granted people like him. All he wanted to do was give us great music and that's what he did. Every single day was dedicated to us." - Jamie Foxx

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!!" - P. Diddy, via Twitter


"... How you suffered for your sanity. And how you tried to set them free. They did not listen. They did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you." -Don McLean's 'Vincent'


Rest in peace my childhood friend. I will miss you... Oh... and don't forget to say 'hi' to Tinkerbell for me :)
I LOVE YOU!


No comments: